Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Storm Aftermath

We had our first round of really bad spring storms the past couple of nights. Last nights storm hit our area hard. Since living in Texas almost my whole life, I have never experienced a storm like last nights. I heard howling winds, creaking, cracking and popping noises. I was for sure that we were about to experience our first tornado. I stood in the hallway between Nathan's bedroom and our "safe" bathroom. I was about to grab Nathan from his crib and get in the bathtub. But, as quickly as the storm hit, it quickly ended.

Randy and I stood on the back patio with our flashlights to survey the damage. The wind blew so hard that it knocked part of our fence over. It moved and pressed our grill up against a downspout with such force that it left deep dents in it. Our air conditioning unit was moved off of it's base. It also blew my patio chairs cushions all over the yard. It left shredded leaves and twigs all over the yard and in the pool. We are very thankful that we didn't get more damage.

Here are the photos that we took this morning.



No comments: