Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"The Pioneer Woman Cooks" Book Tour

I have been following The Pioneer Woman's blog for about six months. My sister, Kathy, got me hooked on it. The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, wrote a beautiful cookbook and went on a book tour this fall. I was so excited to find out that she would be making a stop in Dallas.

My sister and I ordered our cookbooks and went to get them signed this evening. We arrived at Borders around 6:30 PM, got our wrist bands and waited for Pioneer Woman to arrive. Little did we know that we would be there for 7 hours.

7:00 PM - Ree arrives at Borders Bookstore. Her two daughters were with her. She welcomed and thanked the crowd and then quickly got to work signing everyone's books.


Around 10:00 PM - Kathy and I decide to take a coffee break. I needed some caffeine to keep me going.


Around 12:30 AM - We got to a point in the line where there were many chairs and stools gathered. As the line moved everyone scooted down to the next chair or stool. I'm very tired at this point, but still smiling.


Around 1:30 AM - We finally arrive to the front of the line. Ree was still smiling and very pleasant after she had been sitting there for 7 hours greeting and signing away.


Ree had these cute t-shirts made for the book tour and gave one to each person who came to see her. How nice is that? You wait in line for hours to met her and then she gives you a gift. That's just the kind of person she is!


Here is my signed book. It took 7 hours, but was a great experience and I'll never forget it. Thank you, Ree, for being you, and sharing your life with us.

1 comment:

Ladybugs' Mom said...

It was such fun! I'm glad we got to do this together!
Hey! Why do I look so frumpy?? Where's my table to hide behind?? LOL!!